Today I want to give you some tips on how to interview agents before you hire them to help you sell your home. Here are seven questions you need to ask:
1. How long have you been in the business? A good way to gauge an agent’s experience and productivity is to ask them about their designation. A good designation for an agent to have is the CRS, or certified residential specialist, which requires you to have a certain level of production and work a certain number of hours.
2. What is your list-to-sale price ratio? Your Realtor should know their average list price to sales price. If they listed a home for $100,000 and sold it for $95,000, then their list price to sales price would be 95%. Seeing the averages can show you how much more they can get you. And, how much more money in your pocket.
3. What’s our best marketing plan or strategy? Are they online? How do they take their pictures? Are they on Zillow? Whatever you would like to know about that, feel free to ask. They should even have some samples for you to see, or different sites to go to.
4. Do they have references that you can talk to? You should look for someone that can point you to references. You should be able to call them if you wanted. Zillow is huge right now for reviews, so we try to get a lot of reviews on Zillow. You can see if a Realtor that you are looking at has their reviews on Zillow and what they say.
5. Can you review the documents ahead of time? Some people may send pre-listing documents that you may want to look at before they come back. There is nothing wrong with looking at that and asking questions.
7. How much do you charge and what kind of guarantee do you offer? Since commissions are not a set amount, this can range. Nobody can set these fees for you as they do depend on different companies and agents. Is there a satisfaction guarantee included as well, or some other kind of guarantee?
7. What have I not asked that I need to know about? See if there are any common questions that slipped your mind or you didn’t even think to ask about.
If you have any questions about this list or anything else related to selling your home, please contact me by phone or email. I look forward to speaking with you.