If you’re in the process of selling your home, there are eight things you can do to ensure that it’s prepared for an inspection:
1. Repair any damage to the driveway and sidewalks. You can purchase silicone or caulking seal inexpensively at most home goods stores. If the task is bigger than that, we can recommend a concrete worker who can help you out.
2. Recaulk around the exterior doors and windows.
3. Have your HVAC system serviced at least once per year. Be sure to save the receipts, as well!
4. Replace cracked windows. You’d be surprised at how inexpensive this can be!
5. Have the fireplace and chimney inspected.
6. Fix any leaking faucets.
7. Check and change any light bulbs that are burnt out/broken.
8. Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
If you have any questions about home inspections or need recommendations for trustworthy vendors to help you accomplish any of these tasks, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to help you.